Migraines & Headaches With Leaky Gut In Denver
1. Recent findings between the gut microbiom and the brain suggest that our microbiom can deeply influence our health, brain and potentially even our behavior.
The microbiom has been associated with several neurological conditions and it could be playing a role in your migraine condition. (Source)
You may have heard the term leaky gut, aka intestinal permeability. In a nutshell, leaky gut means your intestinal lining has lost control over the junctions between its individual cells. This lining is thin to begin with, just one cell in depth. You need tightly controlled junctions in order to discern between nutrients to absorb, and undesirable things to keep out. Leaky gut means your barrier function is impaired. (Source)
Migraine headaches in Denver are defined as a recurrent, moderate to severe headache that includes symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to sound, light and occasionally odors. There may also be vision changes described as an aura or even loss of vision. The pain of a migraine is usually described as debilitating and pounding. Migraines can last for a few hours to days. About 13% of men and 30% of women will regularly experience migraine headaches. (Source)
2. What leaks through that shouldn’t?
- Food protein molecules that are not completely broken down. Your immune system can tag these as antigens (invaders) and create antibodies against them. This creates a systemic inflammatory response, which can trigger a migraine. If you have migraines and food intolerances, you may have a leaky gut.
- Toxic bacterial byproducts from your gut bacteria, called LPS endotoxins. These cause widespread inflammation, pain, and migraines. If you have migraines and unresolved pain, you may have a leaky gut. (Source)
3. HOW CAN A VISIT FROM MY LOCAL CHIROPRACTOR BENEFIT MY DIGESTIVE SYSTEM?
A chiropractor can not only take pressure off of your nervous system but also help improve the communication to the digestive system. The truth is that digestive relief starts with a healthy nervous system. The nerves in your spine could affect your digestion because your digestive system and nervous system are connected.
By visiting a chiropractor, they can use adjustments to guide and correct the misalignments and nerve irritation in your spine by hand or other special advanced chiropractic specific tools. This will help fire your nervous system on all cylinders, allowing you to ease your digestive issues and other body pains. You may be able to reduce your need for medications and avoid other negative side effects when you have regular chiropractic sessions. (Source)
4. Dr. Mooberry is a Denver chiropractor at Lifetime Wellness & Chiropractic
He is well versed in the care of leaky gut & migraines with chiropractic care. Dr. Isaac Mooberry is considered one of the leading experts in leaky gut & migraines across the nation.